Wednesday, 10 February 2021

Vigan City Fiesta Celebrated by Bigueños Amidst the Pandemic

            


              The Vigan City Fiesta is what bigueños are looking forward to every 25th of January. However, this year, the fiesta, also called as Longganisa festival, was cancelled because of the pandemic. We are aware that going outside the house to attend mass gatherings are prohibited according to the health protocols implemented by the government so we can’t actually go outside our house to conduct and attend activities for the festival.

            This pandemic wasn’t enough to stop people from celebrating the fiesta. Each household had their own ways to celebrate the event. Some people celebrated it by preparing foods in order to celebrate the occasion, some celebrated it virtually (facebook live, etc.), and some did not really care.

            This shows that such disease cannot stop Filipinos, especially Bigueños, to celebrate a festival that they are accustomed to; to celebrate the feast of the conversion of the city’s patron saint, St. Paul. 


Photo reference:

Pinai, Vigan's Longganisa Festival, City-Data, http://www.city-data.com/forum/asia/2010392-ilocos-norte-ilocos-sur-philippines-2.html

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janine! I agree with you that no disease can stop Filipinos to celebrate festivals. Nice work and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is meaningful, as to what you said no disease can stop us. Our culture is important to acknowledge. Great Blog, God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the with the words in your blog. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Fourth Quarter Reflection

             "No rain, no flowers"              During the Fourth quarter, I have learned lots of things I have never known before...