Wednesday, 24 February 2021

Kannawidan’s Value to Ilocanos

 


            Kannawidan is a festival celebrated annually by Ilocanos, those who resides in Ilocos Sur, to be specific. This is conducted to increase cultural awareness and to preserve the rich historical and cultural heritage of Ilocos Sur.

            This festival is not only about Ilocanos’ culture, it is also about their economy, it’s about their harvest and the products which they are known for. Within the festival, there are lots of stalls with different products from the different municipalities of Ilocos Sur namely Vigan, Bantay, Cabugao, Caoayan, etc.

            The said festivity is very important to them because in this way, they can present their culture and products at the same time. And besides, who does not want to participate in a fun festival?


References:

The Quest Boi, Kannawidan festival of Ilocos Sur, Blogger, https://nboi.blogspot.com/2011/02/kannawidan-festival-of-ilocos-sur.html

2 comments:

  1. I like how it is informative and simple. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Janine! Kannawidan is indeed significant to us Ilocanos, and is a fun festival.

    ReplyDelete

Fourth Quarter Reflection

             "No rain, no flowers"              During the Fourth quarter, I have learned lots of things I have never known before...